I know I will be forever changed from going through the emotions of losing my father. I now stop in my tracks when someone else mentions that their father has passed away. Before I viewed it as just a part of life now I am moved with compassion. I think of when the savior wept for Lazarus only to raise him shortly after. I have learned so much from this and thought I might share some of the things that I've learned.
Hug, kiss, talk to, sit by or even sit on your daddies lap if you can get away with it when the times are good. It makes it easier When things aren't so good because you know that they know you love them.
Many people avoid the topic or tippy toe around bringing up my dad. Don't I want to remember him and think about how wonderful he is even if we cry.
Sympathy cards are great but it's good to laugh so a tasteful joke card is much needed.
Don't say, "if there's anything I can do let...." (u know the rest) but say what you can do to help.
I think the number one thing I have learned from all of this is It's important to make time for people even if it's putting off your to-do list. My dad was a great example of this his entire life. I don't think he ever told me he was too busy for me.
This has been ruff and probably one of the harder things I have gone through emotionally,after the funeral I think we all came home and crashed for three hours. I am thankful for the spirit because I know it carried us all that day.



3 comments:
Touche ski slope, nice comment on my adorable nose!
Your Daddy was amazing! We should both feel blessed to have such amazing Dads.
I love you, I miss you! I'm coming to visit in 3 weeks!!!
your awesome tust! and i lubby dubby luv you. i could not have said it any better =)
Dusty, We think about you guys every day. Your dad is a blessing to all of us.
Love you guys..
Debbie Wilkins
Post a Comment