Friday, May 8

Lately

So lately I have been trying not to think about what is really going on in my life and focusing on the here and now. Denial is what I guess you could really call it. I have been doing this for quite sometime and then there he was. Sitting on the coach with his eyes shut looking so peaceful and asleep but probably just trying to bare the pain quietly. I don't know what it is about shutting your eyes when you are in pain, some how it helps. I love knowing that he could be listening. So I walked over and sat by him and situated myself in the spot that I have been so comfortable in for all of my life. It's different now because I worry about what side I am on. If that's the side that causes him the most pain or not. He carries this trial so well. Always a smile, a joke, a look to let you know he loves you. He looked over at me slowly as soon as I sat down and he whispered "I love you". I remember calling my dad shortly after I was married to tell him I loved him and really nothing more. He responded with asking what I wanted from him and I remember saying, Oh daddy. I have been wanting lately to just sit by him in "my spot" with his arm around me. His I Love you through me for one today and spun my head around thinking about what is to come in the next short while. It's a comfort to know that he can still be with me when he has left this life. I will definitely be a spoiled brat with two Father's in Heaven watching over me. This is comforting as was his I love you today.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

just when I think I can't cry anymore. . .

Aren't we lucky girls to have such great dads. A bit goofy, but wouldn't trade them for the world :)

We sure love you guys!

Dallyn Jones said...

i know dusty, the last couple times i have been over there it is hard to hug him and know just how much pressure to give wondering if it will be too much. It hurts so much walking away wanting so much more. like when he would hold us and squeez us over the years. but last night when i gave him a hug good bye, he really squeezed me back. i know that it was hard to do for him. but none the less, he knew i needed that... that is the best gift he could give. those simple i love yous that say it all, in those peaceful moments that feel like everything in the world can just go on without you. cause you are happy enough to be where you are... forever

The Richards said...

Dusty i love you and i hope that your dad's pain will be eased. I will continue to pray for you...lots of love amber

Pure Sunshine