So we had a grand first birthday for Vanessa. She shared the day with Dallyn and Curtis who just came home from Alaska. All of Curtis's family were there also to celebrate their homecoming.It is so good to have my baby sister back and giggling as ussual.
As far as the look of the party went I was pleased with the decorations but my cake was a disaster. I decided I don't want to ever take so much time making a cake ever. So fondant is out the door, pherhaps some emblishment but never the entire thing. It didn't turn out how I had wanted, who wants a cake that looks like a pile of rocks with two flowers out the top, but Vanessa & Brigg would shovel a peice of the side decorations in their faces when I wasn't looking. Which by the way you are not suppose to eat fondant, I know hard to believe that you spend all this preperation on an yucky frosting. On the upside the cake inside stayed nice and moist because of the thick layer of icing.



4 comments:
I think your cake turned out great, but... you are way to motivated for me. Speaking of motivation, I am trying applique to make a cute halloween outfit for Chloe. If it turns out cute I'll post pics and you will have to come down here and we will make one for Nessa. I also got some freakin' cute patterns off of a boutique website that I'm going to try. You're welcome anytime you want to come have a sewing party. I would come up there, but we are still w/ only one car and it sucks!
Don't you just love this age? Your so lucky you can take her to a game. I would love to take Sadie to a game but I fear she might run out on the field/court, but I don't know we havent tried ye. Oh and hey your cake looks pretty good. Definatly better than I could ever do.
Her cake is very cute! I love her outfit also. Looks like she had a fun birthday!
Happy birthday sweetie pie!! Come visit us.
Post a Comment