
This past Sunday was Brad's Birthday but in our family it's not just a day it's an entire week that we celebrate. So I decided to come up with The Birthday Monster and it was such a hit. The Birthday Monster leaves a gift that is hidden where Monster's hide (under your bed, closet etc.) each night all week until your birthday. I chose a monster because I figured I could tell my kids that their closets and underneath their beds had to be clean if they want the monster to come, and it makes monsters a little less scary. It really made the entire week fun and at the end I through him a birthday luau. He said he had the best time and loved his birthday week. I want to say thanks to those who came and celebrated with us you really made Brad feel loved.



7 comments:
Dusty, I cant wait to try this out. You come up with great ideas. and you forgot to add that wherever you hid the present you also had something green on the gift so you knew it was from the birthday monster! (thats so cute)
You are so creative, Happy Birthday Brad!
You are so funny! You come up with amazing Ideas. I honestly just start with the letter A and think of words that start with A, and then so on with each letter.
Here are a few sites, that have some good ideas. I really just find general ideas, and then make them work for my family.
http://www.abcteach.com/
http://www.first-school.ws/theme/alphaletter_p/a.htm
Then this is the site where I found the idea for themes and new vocabulary words to go along with our daily letters.
http://ourpreschoolhomeschool.blogspot.com/2007/09/our-preschool-outline.html
So like I said, I get general ideas, from sites like these, and then go from there.
Oh and I found this site the other day that I am IN LOVE WITH. . . I haven't had too much time to explore it, but it is right up my ally!
http://lets-explore.typepad.com/
You know I post my stuff. . . not to make people feel bad, but to give them ideas! So COPY away :)
Your sooo cool. I want to be just like you!!!!!
What cute idea!!! We too make a bog deal for at least a week at our house. I am glad to see you all are doing well. It is nice to bebale to keep intouch.
Post a Comment