Tuesday, July 8

4th of July Weekend, Update on Vanessa


This picture was unfortunately one of the only pictures taken this weekend but it pretty much sums it all up! It was taken on the fourth around 10AM. We hadn't any sooner put her down on the floor from coming home from the ward pancake breakfast and she was out. The ward party was fabulous other than my husband and many others being unexpectedly doused in water by Jeff. Brad wrestled him to the ground for doing so but I can't say that he came out a victor seeing as he had sand all over him until he could grab a shower a few hours later. After waking Vanessa we went to my moms house and swam and then the real work began. I have to say that I HATE HATE HATE food storage right now. We decided to start organizing my moms food storage pantry for her. Lets just say if a disaster happens I know right where 50tons of wheat is. Great weekend and must say I do love this country.

Oh and one more thing to update on an old post. My Vanessa began crawling today!! I was so worried about her not putting pressure on her legs and I thought that she might have something wrong again (her holes in her heart being the first). But I finally think that the lord is teaching me patience through this little girl.

10 comments:

Susan said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful 4th so very glad that Vanessa is OK.

Unknown said...

WOOHOOOO!!! Dusty- this just made me cry! I love love love you guys soo much, and I am so so so happy that she started crawling today!! that is happy happy happy!!! yay!!!! I sure do love those children of yours!

Dallyn Jones said...

YEAH!!!! That makes me happy, I just wish I was there to see her crawling away =0) And I am so thankful that mom is being taken care of (expecially in the storage area) that was a mess! your the best Dusty! Now you just need to push them to get the appartment finished!!

Koren said...

So I have this picture in my head of your parents food storage and I shudder! Yea for Nessa crawling, hopefully you don't need to baby proof too much, I don't know if you have stairs but I have 2 sets and Becks fell down them within 2 hours moving into our house. By the way I LOVE your hair, seriously LOVE it!!!

The Richards said...

congrats on her crawling, Arianna has a hole also and it really makes you question a lot. she was so sick recently and i kept thinking is it her heart, it wasn't but hey we are moms right, we are supposed to worry about our children. I can't imagine having 50 tons of wheat, hopefully she has an awesome grinder! lol

Allred's said...

Yeah...good girl Vanessa....glad she settled your nerves on that one. Just make sure you have outlet covers everywhere. That was my girls number one place to stick things when they began crawling. Good luck...amy

Janalie said...

Hey there. I got your comment. IF only I could fugure out how to add friends to my list!!!! Your kidos are adorable. Hope your doing well.

Amy said...

I totally remember you! I am excited that you found my blog. How are you doing? YOu have such a cute little family!!!

Harmoni Osborn said...

Oh I am so happy for you! I know how worried you were!! YEAH NESSA!!!! :p)

Grandma B. said...

Oh how I wish I could give this precious one a hug. Her brother too. You are so blessed, and so am I. I'm glad you had a great 4th

Pure Sunshine