
Memorial Day was a blast this year. We decided to spend the day at McDowell Mt Ranch aquatic center with some friends. I think if I lived in Scottsdale I would be there everyday, this place was so great. It had slides, a kiddy play pad, dive tank, lap pool, lazy river, and a huge pool that toddlers could run around and have fun in. My boys had an absolute blast and I was able to get some much needed sun.

Vanessa Jo decided it was time for her nap and so that is exactly what she did. She woke up at the end and had looked like a train wreck. It had been a long day for her already. We had been staying at my moms house in Mesa and forgot our bathing suits at home. Seeing as our house is a drive we had to go buy all new bathing suits that day. So we went to Target and it seemed like a bomb had dropped on the women's swims suit section. Brad of course found his in less than a minute while I waded in a sea of untidiness. So I found some that hopefully would fit and headed for the dressing room. I really wanted a great suit because I do a lot of swimming and so I showed each to Brad and had him help me find the perfect suit. I felt ok about the one he had told me was the one but I wasn't sure. I figured that he wouldn't lead me wrong so we headed off to the aquatic center with our new purchases. I enjoyed myself but you could definitely tell we were in Scottsdale with all of the perfect bodies and Gucci sunglasses around. I played with Brigg in the small pool but found that when I would sit in the shallow water the midsection half of my suit would would come up. I didn't think anything of it until later.

That evening we went back to my parents house and joined Devon and Fawns family for a BBQ out back. My sisters had there first glimpse of my new suit and said that it was cute but it looked like a maternity top. To which I replied that it couldn't be because it wasn't in that section. Well as they talked to me I remembered a comment that my husband had made in the dressing room that this other bathing suit made me look thinner. Well the other one had a tube top section for the bust and I hate how those look so I chose the one that now is being called a maternity top. After the conversation with my sisters I still didn't think it was a maternity top but I was now really really self conscious about it. A few days later I went to buy Brigg some shoes at target and the store had been put back together from the memorial day rush, and sure enough the bathing suit I had bought was put back in the correct section. You guessed it in the maternity section!!! On the bright side I did get the correct bottoms and love those. I have learned a good lesson that day and all in all had a Great memorial day other than the new pregnant girl suit.
No comments:
Post a Comment