Friday, June 20

Here you go Dallyn She's all for you.


Well my sister is in Alaska and she loves it but that doesn't mean she doesn't miss home. I can totally relate living in Russia, I loved where I was but it wasn't in anyway close to what I was used to. I remember trying to capture AZ in a moment the few hours before I left for my flight. I stood in the parking lot of KMart and just tried to let the heat seep into my bones. I remember looking up at the moon and my mom had noticed. We had just watched the movie This Side of Heaven. She told me what the elder told his girlfriend before he left, that no matter what side of the earth I was on we were under the same moon. That helped me so many times walking home late at night when it was cold and I had my longing thoughts of home come to me. So I can only imagine me sisters desperation for the companionship of the moon. So this ones for you sis I hope you enjoy her in all of her glory. Can't wait to see you again and hear you laugh at your own jokes. Love ya sis.

6 comments:

Dallyn Jones said...

Dusty, thank you. If you caould just see my face right now, tears and all... the picture is enough, but your words made it even greater. I am glad your on my side when it comes to being so far away and missing you guys so much. It is good to have someone understand. I though 4 months was perfect time to come and go, but it has sure been a LONG past month up here. I can remember soaking everything in AZ my last few days, also. It is irreplacable. When it rains up here it just rains, like water slowly drifting down. It isnt exciting like when it rains at home. It is so unpredictable at home and it comes with thunderstorms and all. So I dont enjoy the rain up here as much as I used too. I sure love it here in AK, but like you said... its not like home!

Susan said...

Thanks for making me cry. I've really been missing home the last couple of days and this just really opened the flood gates. Love ya!!

Reisner's said...

so what did you go to russia for. I'm pretty sure you didnt go on a mission?

Dallyn Jones said...

HAHAHA... dusty your comments on my blog crack me up! you are such a knuckle head

dustyperle said...

In response to Sheena's question: I went to Russia with a program called ILP to teach Russian children English. I was there a little less then 6 months and had the time of my life.

Allred's said...

WOW, how totally insightful. For two seconds, I kinda forgot you lived in Russia. Sexy blonds like your self have to be careful in foreign countries huh!! Your so right about us all being here together. It helps to know we're all wishing upon the same bright star. Somewhere out there......

Pure Sunshine