Wednesday, November 12

Spice of life



I was looking for some inspiration (a Pattern actually) for a pettiskirt I want to make for my Vanessa and I came across these photo's. These if you can't tell are napkins and they make me laugh so hard. This is a mother that has drawn pictures on her children's lunch box napkin. The child obviously loved it because look how well intact they are. But it made me laugh because my mother did something like this to her children. Ours was a little but more humiliating version. On permission slips or notes to a teacher or pretty much anything that an authority would read that we had to turn in she would come up with some huge silly story. I talked to her about this a while ago and she said one that still makes her laugh is one for my brother Devon. She sent him to school with a not excusing him from class because he had diarrhea and that she told him not to eat what he was eating because we were out of peptobismol. I don't know how much of that one was made up but it really didn't matter. I think this is the reason why I am so great at signing my mothers name. I remember one that I was suppose to turn in and she had written about how she had made me put on clean under wear before I left the house. That permission slip magically got lost between my house and the car and was never seen again as were many. I'm sure your mothers did something for all of you similar to this. SO here's to you mom for bringing spice to life!!!

3 comments:

The Richards said...

That is so stinkin funny! I think that we are all pretty good at signing our moms names. I always thought the stuff my mom did was embarrassing but i guess i was wrong because your moms was way more spice!

Allred's said...

That's so hiliarious. I had no idea that your mom did that silly stuff. How funny. You know though, I have no clue how to sign mom's name, I guess I didn't need many notes. Too bad though, that would have been fun to save in a memory book or something.

Koren said...

Alright missy, I wrote about you a few weeks ago, plus you used to have to hear me gush all the time. So go ahead and throw up, are you sure you're not pregnant? You have HUGE tracks of land, and that usually means your prego. So that compared with nausea, are pretty tell tale signs that you are certainly with child! :P

Pure Sunshine